Following the latest national guidance on Coronavirus, we have regrettably taken the decision to temporarily close the Empire Theatre and Cinema until January 2021.
We will be using this time to make improvements, including a refurbishment of the main auditorium, stage and backstage areas, and updating the main entrance and café areas. We had planned to do these earlier, but were delayed by the pandemic.
What to do if you have booked tickets
As a result of the closure, we have had to reschedule or cancel shows.
If you have booked tickets for any of these shows, you do not need to do anything – we will contact you directly. Please make sure we have your up-to-date day time phone number by checking your account details. We will contact you as quickly as possible, but please be patient as we have a lot of tickets to work through. Please do not phone us.
- cancelled shows: you will be given a full refund
- rescheduled shows: your ticket remains valid for the new date, or you can have a full refund
- Empire Friends: the period of the closure will be added to the end of your current membership
If you paid by card, we will be able to process your refund automatically and send a confirmation by email.
We are very grateful for your continued support, and look forward to welcoming you back to a revitalised venue in 2021.
- A Country Night In Nashville – 14 May 2021
- Buddy Holly & The Cricketers – 8 July 2021
- Come What May – 4 March 2021
- Joe McElderry – 2 October 2021
- Magic of Motown – 15 January 2022
- Magic of The Beatles – 12 June 2021
- Milkshake Live – 7 August 2021
- One Night in Dublin – 12 March 2021
- Russian National Ballet – 20 November 2021
- The Carpenters Story – 20 March 2021
- The Three Degrees – 30 September 2021
- Treasure Island – 27 November 2021 to 31 December 2021
- Catch Us If You Can
- Chicago Blues Brothers